Yet more numbers
I think I’m going to have a numbers category. According to a new Ofcom report “Social Networking: A quantitative and qualitative research report into attitudes, behaviours and use” the use of Social networking sites is in my mind fairly low, certainly a lot lower than the hype.
- Only 22% of Adult (16+) UK Internet users have set up a profile on a social networking site
- This rises to 49% (still less than half ;-)) for 8-17 year-olds
The report provides two classifications, one of social networking site users and one for those who don’t. The non users are classified as:
- Concerned about safety – often older people and parents concerned about safety online, in particular making personal details available online.
- Technically inexperienced – often people over 30 years old who lack confidence in using the internet and computers.
- Intellectual rejecters – often older teens and young adults who have no interest in social networking sites and see them as a waste of time.
There’s also an introductory video which i’m going to embed below, as brand new WordPress 2.5 let’s me with ease (fingers crossed)!
Finally I must point out that I came across this on Media @ LSE which is written by David Brake, one of the report’s authors.
Recent Blog Posts
- Comments on 2016 Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane
- 161 Tottenham Lane Development Management Forum
- •Although residents wouldn’t be able to apply for a resident’s permit, they could still own cars.??? you want to stop people having a car? on what basis? Surprised. surely not, Sounds awfully wrong. I must have misunderstood the post, explain. Regards JC Lanoe
- Objections to Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane, Crouch End.
- Hi Matt - Just objected to the monstrosity that would replace the old press building.
Creative Commons Licence
The text of these posts by Matt Lingard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.