The Missing Net Generation
A year or so ago a member of the ‘Net Generation’ told me they knew nothing about blogging. No big deal, this Interweb stuff isn’t everybody’s cup-of-tea. I read a lot about the Net Generation but I also come across a lot of numbers like the ones from previous posts which I’ll repeat here to save you the hassle:
- 49% UK 8-17 year-olds have a social networking profile (Ofcom, 2008 )
- 55% of all online US 12-17 year-olds use online social networking sites (Pew Internet, 2007)
What’s interesting to me is the 51% and the 45% who don’t! (Plus note that the US figure is based on “online” teenagers). Do these percentages challenge all the hype about everyone born since 1981 living in MySpace & Bebo? While there’s certainly a whole lot to think about in teaching the net generation, perhaps we should also remember that not everyone is signed up yet!
Recent Blog Posts
- Comments on 2016 Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane
- 161 Tottenham Lane Development Management Forum
- •Although residents wouldn’t be able to apply for a resident’s permit, they could still own cars.??? you want to stop people having a car? on what basis? Surprised. surely not, Sounds awfully wrong. I must have misunderstood the post, explain. Regards JC Lanoe
- Objections to Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane, Crouch End.
- Hi Matt - Just objected to the monstrosity that would replace the old press building.
Creative Commons Licence
The text of these posts by Matt Lingard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.