Students, Social Media & Job-Hunting
Presentation with LSE Careers Service reporting on our work supporting LSE’s students’ use of social media for job-hunting
Earlier today I was at AGCAS Social Media, London presenting ‘Digital Footprints @ LSE: Supporting students to use social media’ with my partner-in-crime LSE Careers Adviser Judith Baines. We were talking about the sessions we run for students, in particular a termly lunchtime seminar and more recently a Linkedin webinar.
There was a very interesting discussion about digital identities and the emerging “social netiquette”:
- Is it OK to ignore connection requests
- If someone recommends you on Linkedin do you need to reciprocate
- Do you become ‘friends’ with your students
- and so on…
- Presentation bookmarks: http://www.diigo.com/list/mattlingard/asml
Recent Blog Posts
- Comments on 2016 Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane
- 161 Tottenham Lane Development Management Forum
- •Although residents wouldn’t be able to apply for a resident’s permit, they could still own cars.??? you want to stop people having a car? on what basis? Surprised. surely not, Sounds awfully wrong. I must have misunderstood the post, explain. Regards JC Lanoe
- Objections to Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane, Crouch End.
- Hi Matt - Just objected to the monstrosity that would replace the old press building.
Creative Commons Licence
The text of these posts by Matt Lingard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.