Making the Web Work for You
IFTTT (If This Then That) is a great tool for automating tasks on the web and making your life that little bit easier
Let’s start with an example. I regularly download PDFs (Articles, Reports etc) for reading offline, usually on a mobile device during my commute. I’ve done this in a number of ways but recently I’ve mainly been using my Kindle. The process for this is:
- I download / save PDF
- I send an email with the PDF attached to Kindle (see Sending Docs to Kindle)
Only two steps but it always feels just that little bit too much work! Now using IFTTT I have automated step 2:
- I save the PDF to a Dropbox Folder
- IFTTT automatically sends an email with the attachment to my Kindle
OK, it’s only a small time saver but every little helps 🙂
I really like the simple user-friendly interface IFTTT uses for creating these ‘recipes’. It works with loads of popular services & tools including email, RSS Feeds, Twitter, Facebook, Diigo, WordPress, Evernote & Dropbox. See About IFTTT for a more detailed explanation of how it works and Popular Recipes for more ideas on how you might use it.
Recent Blog Posts
- Comments on 2016 Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane
- 161 Tottenham Lane Development Management Forum
- •Although residents wouldn’t be able to apply for a resident’s permit, they could still own cars.??? you want to stop people having a car? on what basis? Surprised. surely not, Sounds awfully wrong. I must have misunderstood the post, explain. Regards JC Lanoe
- Objections to Revised Proposals for 161 Tottenham Lane, Crouch End.
- Hi Matt - Just objected to the monstrosity that would replace the old press building.
Creative Commons Licence
The text of these posts by Matt Lingard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.