Introduction to Learning Analytics
Dashboards, metrics and interventions, my overview of Learning Analytics presented at UWL’s Academic Partnerships Conference.
I presented this on March 17th 2016 at the annual UWL conference for staff from our Partner institutions. As expected there was a lively discussion when we got on to the issues and challenges section of the presentation.
An Overview of Learning Analytics
Click image to view presentation (new window)
I ended my presentation with a summary of the recommendations from the Higher Education Commission’s January 2016 From Bricks to Clicks report. There are 12 recommendations in total. These are the five I highlighted:
- Consider introducing LAs driven by improvement of L&T processes & student engagement
- Support LAs with clear codes of practice including fully informed consent
- Review internal data management. Ensure data is fit-for-purpose
- Ensure digital literacy, capability and data management are integral to overall strategic plan
- Consider use of LAs in TEF submissions